The SGA Autumn Classic
Your Ultimate Autumn Golf Weekend
- Play 36 holes of amazing golf in the beautiful Murray River or Country Victoria region
- Enjoy high-quality on-course accommodation
- Battle for Team & Individual honours and great prizes
Most importantly, have a heap of fun!
Upcoming SGA Autumn Classic
SGA Autumn Classic Format
Here's everything you need to know about this 36-hole, weekend golfing adventure:
The Autumn Classic is a 36-hole golf tournament for amateur golfers. The event format for the individual grades is single stableford over two rounds. In addition, there is a team’s 4BBB event to add some extra fun and interest to the tournament. For this, only a team's best stableford score for each hole (i.e. Better Ball) is counted. These are added to make the daily team total. The team with the best total over two days wins the title.
Special Rules and Info
- Handicaps: Each pair will play via their official Golf Australia Handicaps, adjusted for the course/slope, etc. Daily results for all players will be entered on GOLF Link and will count towards players’ handicaps. Each player is personally responsible for ensuring that he or she is playing off the correct daily handicap on each day.
- Nearest-the-Pin & Longest Drive: will be held as some usual tasty ‘side action’ between teams.
- Playoffs: In the event of a tie, a countback will be used to determine the winners.
- Note that a player may only win one of the events (teams or singles). If the individual/singles winner is also one of the winning pairs team, then the next-highest-ranked individual score will be named the individual winner - this ensures we have three Champions for the event.
- Prizes are awarded to the top Team, plus individual winner.
Entry subject to SGA Terms and Conditions
History of the SGA Autumn Classic
The seeds (er…acorns?) of the Autumn Classic were planted back in 2019, when the SGA team decided to stage a fun, relaxing and exciting event at some of Australia’s best regional & country courses (i.e. the “Hidden Gems” of Aussie golf). It was going to be epic!
After months of planning, scheduling and creating this brand-new weekend adventure…well…Covid happened. But in 2023, after four crazy years, the “acorn” of an idea finally took root, and…er…spread its branches. (OK, that’s enough Autumn metaphors).
Past Autumn Classic Champions
SGA Autumn Classic Honour Board